Monday, March 16, 2009

Pecan Mascarpone Pasta


This wasn't my favourite meal ever. I saw pictures of this pasta on eatmakeread and it looked so good I had to try it. Unfortunately, when I actually went to make the pasta, i realized I was missing a few of the key ingredients, namely nutmeg and macadameia nuts. Don't get me wrong, the pasta was good, it just wasn't all I had hoped for. Next time I might use some cream cheese, or actually follow the recipe exactly as they had it on eatmakeread and not use garlic.
Geoff loved it though, and its really easy to make at least!

(Serves 2)
Inspired by
http://eatmakeread.com/2009/02/24/spaghetti-with-marscapone-meyer-lemon-spinach-and-hazelnuts/
Juice from 1 lemon
Zest from ½ lemon
½ cup mascarpone cheese
½ lb noodles
5 cups roughly chopped spinach
½ cup toasted chopped pecans
1-2 cloves garlic

  1. Combine zest, lemon juice, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic in a bowl
  2. Cook pasta until al dente, save ½ cup of pasta water
  3. Drain pasta, return to pot. Set over low heat. Add mascarpone sauce and spinach until it begins to wilt. Add ¼ cup of pasta water to keep the sauce fluid, add more if necessary
  4. Cook until spinach is wilted, toss in pecans and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment