Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cheesy Spaghetti Squash





I love spaghetti squash. I love it A LOT. I could eat it on it's own with just butter and garlic forever and I would be happy with it. Two summers ago Geoff and I realized that you can actually use spaghetti squash instead of pasta. I don't know why the thought had never occurred to me before. I am not a big pasta fan so it's a perfect substitute.

(Serves 2)

1 medium sized spaghetti squash

1 jar pasta sauce (or homemade if you’re not lazy)

Mozzarella cheese

Garlic

Butter

  1. Cook spaghetti squash however you like. We cooked it by cutting it in half, removing the seeds and putting garlic and butter in each half. Then placed in the microwave for around 10 minutes, until it was soft enough to string it
  2. Take a fork to the spaghetti squash and pull up all of the strings
  3. Use oven safe bowls and use half of the squash to fill up the bowls, put it some chunks of cheese and add pasta sauce, then put in the rest of the spaghetti squash, some more pasta sauce and cheese on top
  4. Turn oven to 350F and cook for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment