Tuesday, July 7, 2009
We've made a few Naan pizzas before, but this is finally our first with our own homemade Naan. I've had this medley of ingredients in the back of my head for a long time and it turned out even better than I expected.
Before you go ahead and put Pesto sauce on your Naan, this is not made with Pesto sauce. We blended some fresh rosemary, thyme, green onion, garlic scapes, a bit of parsley and chives into a bit of oil to make the layer of sauce underneath all the veggies.
Ingredients (besides the green sauce):
1 Large piece of Naan bread
1 tomato, sliced
1 handfull of mushrooms, sliced
some green onions, chopped
Some artichoke hearts
1 Red pepper, sliced
2-3 pieces of Pemeal bacon
1. Lay the green onion, mushrooms, and red pepper on a pan, toss in salt, pepper and oil and roast in the oven until everything is soft. Meanwhile, fry the pemeal bacon until both sides start to brown.
2. Coat the naan with mixed herbs.
3. Throw the roasted veggies, artichokes, and bacon onto the Naan.
4. Spread slices of Mozzarella Cheese over the veggies.
5. In a medium bowl, mix a good chunk of goat cheese and cream cheese together to make an even consistency.
6. Lay the slices of tomato on top of the Mozzarella and top with a small ball of the goat cheese and cream cheese mixture.
7. Throw the pizza into the oven until the cheese starts to brown and enjoy.
Posted by Cheesepluseverything at 3:00 PM